Do you use TeamViewer to assist friends with their PC’s without charging them and yet you’ve received the “Commercial Use Suspected” message. This should get you running again.
[This tutorial is not intended to bypass TeamViewer’s paid services. If you use it commercially, please pay for it.]
If you have problems with getting TeamViewer working again, please state what version of TeamViewer as well as what version of Windows.
Currently, Windows 10 doesn’t seem to take this fix.
[when typing in any of the following, remove the ‘ from before and after the text]
- Uninstall TeamViewer using IObit Uninstaller or similar using the Powerful Scan (when installing IObit, make sure to deselect install Advanced System Care when the option comes up)
- Click Start then type %appdata% – now delete the TeamViewer folder
- Click Start the type %temp% and delete the contents of this folder as well as the X:\Windows\temp folder
- Click Start then type regedit, delete the registry folder at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer if any
- Now change your MAC address, either manually or with a tool like TMAC [I suggest changing the MAC address on both network connections, i.e. wireless and LAN]
- [You can try without this step first to see if it works.] Open a Command Prompt with Administrator rights, browse to where you saved ‘sidchg.exe or sidchg64.exe’ and run sidchg.exe /f /r /key:3WgcZ-6zzf5-hCZkB-cf for 32-bit or sidchg64.exe /f /r /key:3WgcZ-6zzf5-hCZkB-cf for 64-bit Windows, make sure there is a space between the f and following / – The key comes from this page. SIDCHG can take a while to run. You might need to set your date to the previous month for SIDCHG to work.
- Your PC will restart automatically after running sidchg
- Install TeamViewer [You’ll see your PC has a new TeamViewer ID]
TMAC – Technitium MAC Address Changer
SID Change Utility
You need at least version 2.0b to work with Windows 10
Key is on this page
Manually changing your MAC Address in Windows
- Right-click ‘My Computer’ or ‘This PC’ on your desktop and select Manage
- Go to Device Manager
- Select Network Adapters
- Select and double-click on the adapter for which you want to change MAC address
- You will find a properties window with multiple tab’s. Select ‘Advanced’ tab
- Under ‘Property’, find ‘Network Address’ or ‘Locally Administered Address’
- Now select value and put your 12 digit hexadecimal number
- Press OK and exit.
I’ve been thinking about setting TeamViewer up under a virtual machine using VirtualBox, just haven’t had a chance to play with it.
Past SIDCHG Codes
- February: 3WgcZ-6zzf5-hCZkB-cf
- January: 3jh4d-xBkJ2-l#$d0-uv
- March: 3WgcZ-67jv5-hCZka-tJ
- May: 3hs9z-mbFv8-idbc3-3J
- June: 3hs9z-mbFf8-idbc3-2f
- August: 3UtEH-N1EfZ-j193d-1f
- September: 3UtEH-N1EvZ-j193d-2J
- October: 3UtEH-N1DZZ-j193d-3Z
- November: 3XL4n-L1DJT-P97Vd-3v