You are entitled to a free credit report from any of the main credit data companies. Get to grips with your credit rating with a free report each year from TransUnion, one of the three major credit bureaus in South Africa.
How to get your Free Credit Report
- Goto TransUnion’s website by clicking here
- Fill in your ID number and details to confirm whether you’ve had a report before
- Signup and follow the instructions to receive your FREE report
By taking a look at the information the credit bureaus have on you, you can gain some insight into what information is being collected on you. You can then correct and possibly improve your current credit rating. Get ready by making some tea and warming up your fingers for quite a bit of typing. You will need to enter quite a lot of information to prove who you say you are.
Other FREE Credit report providers
- Experian Credit Report – You might need to fax some information as proof of identification to get your report.
- Credit 4 Life Free Report
You can also use a service like Credit Health to get a report that comes from all three bureaus (TransUnion, Experian and XDS) for R89.
- TransUnion – https://mytransunion.co.za/
- Experian – http://www.experian.co.za/ – Login Page
- XDS – http://www.xds.co.za/
Kudough also offer’s reports for R89 per report here http://www.kudough.co.za/products.aspx?type=report